LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Our warmest (some may say hottest) day of the week comes Wednesday as temperatures are forecast to shoot up into the mid-upper 80’s, closer to 90 down south.
The Capitol City has the chance to tie or break a 67 year old record! The record high temperature in Little Rock on April 8 sits at 87 degrees, set back in 1953.
The image below shows forecast temperatures predicted by the American forecasting model (GFS).
Current record high temperatures for the calendar day of April 8:
- 88 degrees in North Little Rock, set in 2001
- 87 degrees in Jacksonville, set in 2011
- 84 degrees in Batesville, set in 2011
- 90 in Russellville, set in 2011
- 87 degrees in Hot Springs, set in 1986
- 89 degrees in Fort Smith, set in 2011
- 87 degrees in Fayetteville, set in 2011
- 91 degrees in Camden, set in 1948
- 91 degrees in Pine Bluff, set in 1948
- 90 degrees in Monticello, set in 2011
- 88 degrees in Texarkana, set in 2011
- 91 degrees in El Dorado, set in 1948