LITTLE ROCK, Ark.- Wednesday Evening Update– A winter storm warning and snow advisory continues across much of the state.
There is some indication that some light snow could generate once again Thursday morning for the E 1/2 of the state before we bring this multi-day, multi-storm winter weather event to an end.
The following is a list of preparations to make before winter weather begins. Many of the suggestions below are extra cautionary in case of power outages which will be more likely due to increased usage in the grid.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit with supplies like food, water, battery operated radio, flash light, extra batteries
- Charge all mobile devices – phones, laptops, portable chargers, etc.
- Turn refrigerator and freezer to coldest settings
- Stock up on non-perishable foods
- Fill up your vehicle’s gas tank
- Insulate windows and doors
- Check on elderly or vulnerable neighbors
- Dress warm to avoid hypothermia
- Pay attention to branches or wires that could break if you have to go out
- Stay away from any power lines that are down
- Avoid travel as roadways will be slippery
We also encourage you to monitor road conditions through ARDOT by visiting their idrivearkansas.com site.