CONWAY, Ark. _ The University of Central Arkansas Bears will not face the Louisiana Rajin’ Cajuns this Saturday due to COVID-19 positive tests and contract tracing with the Louisiana program, according to a Wednesday release from the Louisiana athletics office.
The Bears (5-4), ranked No. 10/11 at the FCS level, were set to meet the Rajin’ Cajuns (7-1), ranked No. 24/25 in the FBS, at 1 p.m. Saturday at Cajun Field in Lafayette, La.. The game would have been UCA’s third of the season against an FBS opponent, the most in school history.
UCA officials are in talks to add a replacement game, possibly this Saturday. If not, the Bears will finish their 2020 season with a 5-4 mark, their 13th winning season in the past 15 since moving up to NCAA Division I in 2006.
- Mega Millions Jackpot second highest in history
- Prosecutors say Arkansas riot suspect Richard Barnett purchased two-way radios, stun gun days before US Capitol siege
- Lottery jackpots increase and so do scholarship opportunities for Arkansans
- Good News Matters: Girl Scouts getting creative selling cookies during the pandemic
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test