OXFORD, Miss.- Arkansas State was scheduled to play Jackson State, The University of Central Arkansas, and Ole Miss in the multi-team event known as the Justin Reed Ole Miss Classic, but that event has now been canceled due to positive COVID-19 tests and contact tracing within the Ole Miss men’s basketball program. The event was scheduled for November 25 through 27.
A-State will now attempt to reschedule games with Jackson State and UCA.
“This is obviously disappointing, but the safety of our student-athletes is paramount,” said A-State head coach Mike Balado. “We are hopeful we can get games rescheduled with Jackson State and Central Arkansas, but we will keep the safety of our student-athletes at the forefront of any decision.”
- Baseball Hall of Famer Henry “Hank” Aaron dies at 86
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- Michael Scherer Replaces Rion Rhoades on Arkansas’ Staff
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship