- Alligator hunting is by drawn permit only.
- Each permit authorizes the harvest of one alligator, which must be at least 4 feet long.
- Successful applicants must attend a mandatory hunter orientation.
- Alligators must be snared or harpooned and subdued using a hand-held snare or harpoon with a hand-held restraining line before dispatching.
- Once subdued, an alligator must be dispatched using only a shotgun or shotgun shell-loaded bangstick using shot no larger than no. 4 common shot.
- Alligators must be tagged with a Temporary Alligator Possession Tag immediately and transported to an official check station within 12 hours of harvest.
- Click here for more information and to apply for an alligator permit.
Season Dates and Bag Limits
To view information, click either the plus icon or name to open a section. To close a section, click the plus icon or name again. The season dates and bag limits are subject to change at any time based on harvest results. To view all dates in one long list, click here.