Video Courtesy: Elizabeth Ann Williams
JOHNSON COUNTY (River Valley Now)- A part of Interstate 40 is closed at the 74-mile marker, which is near Knoxville, Arkansas, Wednesday morning after an accident and vehicle fire.
The accident happened near the 71-mile marker, which is also near Knoxville, just before 4:30 a.m. Wednesday.
According to our content partner River Valley Now, the accident involved multiple vehicles and at least three tractor-trailers. One of the tractor-trailers was hauling a flammable substance, according to River Valley Now.
According to River Valley Now, there was also a rollover accident involving a tractor-trailer just before 2 a.m.
At this time, the conditions of the drivers and the estimated time the area will be reopened to traffic are not known.
To read the full story from River Valley Now and see a photo gallery of the accident, click here.
- UA training camp notebook: Off-court news dominates wk 9, incl ’20-21 start date
- Looking back at Supreme Court Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s visit to Verizon Arena in 2019
- Defensive Back Simeon Blair Awarded a Scholarship by Sam Pittman
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Arkansas’ unemployment rate increases from 7.1% in July to 7.4% in August