JONESBORO, Ark.- Crews demolished a building on Needham Drive in Jonesboro this week after Jonesboro Code Enforcement reported that the building began leaning toward another structure next door.
The city took emergency action to demolish the building.
The owner of the building next door says he’s glad the eyesore is gone.
“We had this one building here that could have fallen into my building, Greg Smith, the owner of Hearing Specialist & Smith Commercial. “Which we’ve just rebuild. Wind could have blown it into my building. So now that threat has been taken away and that’s a good thing. We’re very happy about it. We’re glad to see it. I’m glad things worked out. We thank the city and everyone involved. We’re just glad this is coming to an end.”
Code enforcement also said they still have to bring up the demolition to city leaders, but they will just have to justify why they took emergency action.
As far as the property is concerned, that would be up to the owners, Carson Investments, LLC.
- Little Rock Police save owl after it was hit by an 18-wheeler
- Pine Bluff Mayor says she has lost trust in Liberty Utilities after water issues
- No. 20 Arkansas slaps back at No. 6 Alabama, 81-66, at Bud Walton Arena to close gap in SEC race
- Popular Central Arkansas water park spot up for sale
- Essential workers react to the expansion of phase 1B