Poll: Trump Approval Rating in Arkansas at 50 Percent

News
Donald Trump commissioning of USS gerald ford, video screenshot98428415-159532

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A new poll shows half of Arkansans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing as the President of the United States.

According to a Talk Business & Politics-Hendrix College survey, 39 percent of those polled strongly approve of President Trump’s work. An additional 11 percent “somewhat approve.” The combined 50 percent approval is down 10 points from the 60 percent rating President Trump had in February.

However, the Arkansas figure is well above the national average. A Gallup poll released Friday found that President Trump’s average approval rating for the second quarter of 2017 was 39 percent, which is lower than any other president during a comparable period in their term.

The TBP survey also found 56 percent of Arkansans disapprove of President Trump’s activity on Twitter.

On the issue of health care, only 30 percent felt the plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act now and replace it two years from now with a yet-to-be-determined plan was the right move. 52 percent of those polled were against the idea.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.