HOUSTON (NEXSTAR) – A man seen running down the street in his underwear led officers to a suspected human smuggling operation where over two dozen people were being held in a southwest Houston home, police said Thursday.
The man was yelling that he had been kidnapped and that thirty more people were being held hostage inside the house, police said.
Officers said they rescued approximately 25 males and 1 female from the home.
Houston police are now working with the Department of Homeland Security on the case.
A Fort Bend school opened a gym to house the victims so they could get out of the cold, police said.
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows
- Is there life after death? Businessman offers nearly $1 million to find out
- Small earthquake detected near Greenbrier