DENVER (KDVR) — Human remains were discovered Tuesday in two suitcases in southwest Denver.
Crews plowing snow initially spotted the bags and called in investigators, who marked off the scene at South Java Way near Sanderson Gulch to investigate.
“One of the detectives had told me, ‘yes, there are body parts in there,'” said a neighbor who awoke to find police across the street.
Denver police say the remains are of a recently deceased white man. The medical examiner was working Thursday to identify him and determine how he died.
Denver police said that because of how the remains were discovered, the case is being investigated as a homicide.
- Look up: Lyrid meteor shower gets underway mid-April
- Sam Pittman Talks Quarterbacks As Spring Game Nears
- Arkansas law enforcement taking part in five-state initiative to reduce impaired driving
- Drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination event set for April 17-18 at Shackleford Walmart
- 100 days until the start of the Tokyo Olympics