SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Electrical equipment stolen from Christmas display
- Friday Evening Forecast Update
- ‘Holidays on Main’ a COVID-safe way to celebrate the holidays in Little Rock
- Game preview: Arkansas (1-0) to host North Texas (1-0) at BWA on Saturday
- COVID-19 in Arkansas: Hospitalizations continue to increase, 1,000+ new cases reported