SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Slew of car break-ins in West Little Rock leaves residence on edge
- Grand Rapids Olympian inks life story in Samoan tattoo
- Digital Original: Arkansan woman provides healing for Veterans through non-profit
- Little Rock shop gives back with every purchase
- Four people found dead in North Little Rock home