JEFFERSON CO, Ark.- Two people are dead after a train and large truck collide in rural Jefferson County early Friday afternoon.
The names and conditions of the train operator and the semi driver who were injured have not yet been released.
According to a spokesperson for Union Pacific Railroad, the train struck the semi in the crossing at Klie Road, off Highway 10 near Tamo, which is just south of Pine Bluff.
There is a stop sign at the crossing, but no cross bars at that location.
An investigation into the collision is continuing.
- Little Rock police recapture inmate after he escapes officer’s custody
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- Urban Outfitters coming to The Promenade at Chenal, first in Arkansas
- Madison County man dies after altercation with homeowner
- NLRPD Sergeant dies due to complications of COVID-19