PINE BLUFF, Ark.- One person is dead, two paramedics injured after a shooting Thursday morning in Pine Bluff.
Officers were dispatched to the 1400 block of West 23rd Avenue at 4:30 a.m. and discovered the two paramedics suffering from gunshot wounds.
According to Pine Bluff investigators a third individual, 22-year-old Kevin Curl Jr., was pronounced dead at the scene. Both paramedics were taken to a local hospital to be treated for their injuries.
Police say the paramedics arrived at a residence responding to a medical emergency about a woman who had hurt her knee. The report then says while attending to the woman, Curl approached paramedics and began an argument, which led to Curl shooting the paramedics.
The report then states that a paramedic returned gunfire, striking Curl. Curl reportedly then ran inside a house where he was found dead from his injuries.
Detectives are still in the early stages of the investigation and will be releasing more information as details become available.
- Jordan Walsh staying in 2023 NBA Draft
- Coast Guard suspends search for man who fell from cruise ship off Florida coast
- Salvation Army giving free donuts for National Donut Day
- PepsiCo donates $25,000 to UA Little Rock toward diversity
- Family visiting from out of state speaks out on River Market shooting