LITTLE ROCK, Ark.- Little Rock police say a man is dead after a shooting Monday night.
According to a news release sent by the Little Rock Police Department Tuesday morning, officers were called to the 1900 block of Green Mountain Drive for a shooting just after 11:40 p.m.
Little Rock police say officers found a wrecked gold Cadillac DTS with an Arkansas license plate.
According to the report, officers found a man in the driver’s seat with an apparent gunshot wound to his chest.
Police say the driver was later identified as Christopher Bersett, 41.
Officers say the vehicle was hit by gunfire multiple times.
Little Rock police say medical personnel responded to the scene and pronounced Bersett dead.
Officers say while searching the area, they found several shell casings.
Officials say Bersett’s body was taken to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy.
Little Rock police say the next of kin has been notified.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark.- Little Rock police say one man is dead after a homicide on Green Mountain Drive.
According to tweets from the Little Rock Police Department, it happened overnight on the 1900 block of Green Mountain Drive.
In the latest update, officials say no other victims are known at this time.
This is a developing story.
- Pulaski County temporarily closes park trail for safety improvements
- Kaiden Turner Helps Lead Fayetteville’s Defense in 52-14 Victory Over Rogers Heritage
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Harding University president Dr. Bruce McLarty announces retirement
- Isaiah Sategna Shines in Win Over Rogers Heritage