TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- RAW INTERVIEW: Protest organizers speaking out after meeting with Gov. Hutchinson
- UPDATE: Man shot outside LR funeral home dies
- Homicide in Little Rock, police investigating
- Friday Evening Weather Update
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms