NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark.- Governor Asa Hutchinson announced during a meeting with cabinet secretaries at the Department of Corrections Thursday afternoon there are an additional 1,066 confirmed and 199 probable COVID-19 cases.
Governor Hutchinson said Thursday’s meeting was the first in-person cabinet meeting since the beginning of the pandemic.
During the meeting, Secretary Mike Preston with Department of Commerce said unemployment is currently at 7.4%. Preston noted the state’s unemployment rate before the pandemic was 3.4%.
“We are headed in the right direction but still have a lot of work to get there,” Preston said.
- A Montana cold case has new suspect with ties to Arkansas
- Providence police body cam footage shows aftermath of officer-involved moped crash
- PTN’s “Ask Mike” Segment 10-26
- Finding the correct sample ballot for your county this election season
- Fighting the opioid epidemic in Arkansas