CLARKRIDGE, Ark.- A man is in custody in Baxter County after deputies responded to a call concerning a woman who had been shot at a home on Somer View Drive in Clarkridge.
When deputies arrived they found the suspect, 35-year-old Anthony Wayne Thurman, laying face down on the ground and placed in custody without incident. The victim was located and had injuries consistent with a gunshot blast.
The victim told investigators that she and the suspect lived together, and in the midst of an argument, he shot her with a shotgun outside. The 34-year-old victim was transported to a local hospital where she was treated for her wounds.
After learning that the suspect was a convicted felon, investigators obtained a search warrant and were able to locate a gun safe where several firearms and ammunition, including a 12-gauge shotgun, were found.
Thurman was taken to the Baxter County Detention Center and charged with first-degree domestic battery and felon in possession of a firearm.
He is currently being held on a $75,000 bond pending his appearance in Baxter County Circuit Court on Thursday.
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- Michael Scherer Replaces Rion Rhoades on Arkansas’ Staff
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship
- NFL giving 7,500 vaccinated health care workers free tickets to Super Bowl in Tampa