BENTON, Ark.- Benton police said Friday afternoon they have a suspect in the hit-and-run on July 23 near the 17700 block of Interstate 30 that killed Dustin Thompson, 28, of Alexandria, Louisiana.
Officials say the suspect’s identity and charges will be released next week, pending further case review.
Police say Thompson left Dollar Tree on Military Road just before 9 p.m. on July 23.
Officials say video footage obtained from surrounding businesses and evidence analysis confirms Thompson was hit shortly after 9 p.m. by a dark-colored 1998-2003 GMC Sierra pickup.
If you have any additional information on this investigation, call the Benton Police Department at 501-778-1171, 501-315-TIPS, text CRIMES (274637) with the keyword “BNPD” in the body of the message or at www.cityprotect.com.
- How Olympic advertisers are regrouping for 2021 summer games in Tokyo
- Trump: Biden will ‘listen to the scientists’ if elected
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need
- Titans fan reacts after team owner saves family from eviction
- Early voting in Arkansas begins: What you need to know before heading to the polls