GENEVA- The World Health Organization (WHO) says the COVID-19 pandemic is not a seasonal virus like the flu.
WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris warned Tuesday against complacency about transmission of the coronavirus in the Northern Hemisphere summer.
In a briefing from WHO Headquarters in Switzerland, she told reporters not to think about waves of the virus because in her words, “It’s going to be one big wave.”
“There seems to be this persistent belief that summer is not a problem. Summer is a problem,” says Harris. “This virus likes all weathers, but what it particularly likes is jumping from one person to another when we come in close contact.”
Harris urged vigilance in applying measures to slow transmission of a virus that is spreading in large groups of people.
- Homicide investigation in Scott County after woman found dead in truck
- Greenland DE JJ Hollingsworth Impressed With Arkansas’ Virtual Visit Presentation
- Arkansas claims first 2-game SEC win streak of season with 92-71 win at Vanderbilt
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Rain, A Few Strong Storms Possible Sunday Into Monday