BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Bentonville City Council members unanimously passed a mask ordinance Tuesday.
The ordinance requires people to wear face coverings according to the Arkansas Department of Health guidelines.
People who chose to not wear a mask at a business that requires a face covering should be asked to leave or put one on.
Council leaders say this ordinance shows their support for business owners.
“This is not a mandate this is simply affirmation of what companies have a right to do in their private business in their private right as a business owner to enforce the rules in which they wish to do,” councilmember Bill Burckart said.
The ordinance is effective immediately.
- Tri-State Water, Power & Air
- Clear the Shelters: Maddie
- 93-year-old man dies in LR house fire
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: Department of Health officials to give update on state’s COVID-19 cases, response
- American Red Cross in need of temporary volunteers