ATKINS, Ark.- The family of Atkins Public Schools Superintendent Jody Jenkins announced Tuesday morning that he passed away due to complications from COVID-19.
A post from Jenkins’ daughter, Jackie Moore, was shared on the Atkins Public Schools Facebook page.
In the post, Moore said, “We are so heartbroken and will miss him more than words can express. We will spend the rest of our lives honoring and remembering his legacy.”
District officials posted, “We are heartbroken to share to this news”.
According to the Atkins Public Schools’ website, Jenkins has been the superintendent of the district since July 2019 and has previously worked at Johnson County Westside, Ozark High School, Russellville School District and Magnet Cove High School.
Jenkins was 57 years old, according to his Facebook page.
- Dr. Seuss books going for exorbitant prices on Amazon
- Japan to decide on overseas fans attendance at Tokyo Olympics by end of month
- White House officials give COVID-19 update after Biden lays out new vaccine timeline
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- Looking ahead to the Spring with Good Earth