ATKINS, Ark.- The family of Atkins Public Schools Superintendent Jody Jenkins announced Tuesday morning that he passed away due to complications from COVID-19.
A post from Jenkins’ daughter, Jackie Moore, was shared on the Atkins Public Schools Facebook page.
In the post, Moore said, “We are so heartbroken and will miss him more than words can express. We will spend the rest of our lives honoring and remembering his legacy.”
District officials posted, “We are heartbroken to share to this news”.
According to the Atkins Public Schools’ website, Jenkins has been the superintendent of the district since July 2019 and has previously worked at Johnson County Westside, Ozark High School, Russellville School District and Magnet Cove High School.
Jenkins was 57 years old, according to his Facebook page.
- Pulaski County temporarily closes park trail for safety improvements
- Kaiden Turner Helps Lead Fayetteville’s Defense in 52-14 Victory Over Rogers Heritage
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Harding University president Dr. Bruce McLarty announces retirement
- Isaiah Sategna Shines in Win Over Rogers Heritage