El Dorado Family Loses Home to Fire On Christmas Eve

News

EL DORADO, Ark. – An emotional holiday for an El Dorado family, now left homeless, after a fire destroyed their home on Christmas Eve. 

“I realized it was too late and I went back in there to get her and him,” says Mike Evans. 

Early Christmas Eve, the Evans family woke up to the unimaginable; a fire was burning inside the first home they had ever owned. 

“I went back in to get my phone and my keys and was blown out of the house when I was coming out,” says Mike Evans.

According to Arkers Chapel Firefighters, a small space heater caused the flames. Luckily for them help was nearby. .

“I ran outside and went to his brother’s house since he was a fire man,” says Emily Johnson. 

Mike’s twin brother a volunteer firefighter came to running to the rescue.  

For more than two hours first responders worked to put out the fire. 

Unfortunately, it was too late; leaving the Evans to lose everything the day before Christmas. 

“We had Christmas tree all his presents in their. We lost all that,” says Mike Evans. 

But despite all the precious items and belongings lost, the family says what hurts the most is loosing their three pets. 

“And my dog,,.. he asked about the dog this morning,” says Mike Evans.

There is a go-fund-me page set up for the family. Click here if you would like to donate. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss