UA Pulaski Tech shares a recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast.
Ingredients for custard
1 uncut loaf of bread (cut pieces 1 inch to ½ inch thick)
6 large eggs
¾ cup milk
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
½ tbsp unsalted butter per piece of toast to braise while pan frying
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 container strawberries (pitted and sliced into quarters)
½ cup sugar
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Slice bread to preferred thickness (between 1 and ½ inch thick).
- Add strawberry sauce ingredients to burner.
- Mix all ingredients for custard using a whisk. Set aside in a flat casserole dish (preferably square).
- Soak bread for three to five minutes. Turn bread over and soak another three to five minutes. If bread is fresh, soak no more than three minutes total (1.5 minutes per side).
- Prepare a pan with butter to pan-fry French toast until golden brown on each side. Then add ½ tbsp butter to braise toast.
- Finish in the oven to ensure custard is completely baked (about 5 minutes).
- While toast is in the oven, soften cream cheese and mix all frosting ingredients.
- Pour cream cheese frosting and strawberry sauce over custard after removing custard from the oven.
Cooking Strawberry Sauce Directions
- Cook all ingredients on medium heat
- After softened, mash ingredients with a potato masher.