Chicken Tortilla Soup
- ½ Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 1.5 tsp. Minced fresh garlic
- 1.5 Tbls. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 28 oz. Cans Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup Frozen Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- Sauce, finely choppedAdobo1 Chipotle Chili Pepper in
- 1/4 Cup Canned Green Chile Peppers
- 1 Cup Canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Season the chicken with salt and pepper according to taste.
Lay the chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook pre-heated oven until internal
temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool then shred into 1/2″
pieces. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil
until soft. Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and simmer
for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in corn, chipotle peppers, diced green chiles, black beans (washed and
drained), cilantro, and cooked, shredded chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
To serve, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and crumbled tortilla chips, if desired.