A few years ago AARP conducted a survey and found that 70% of consumers failed a quiz about how to stay safe from common holiday scams.
An upcoming webinar will discuss best practices to protect yourself against holiday scammers, including:
- Using well-known websites when shopping online
- Avoiding “too-good-to-be-true discounts”
- Skipping the Rack when it comes to buying gift cards
- Using credit, not debit cards
- Signing off for package deliveries
- Making sure your holiday donations go to a real charity
The webinar is free and open to the public, and will take place on Tuesday, December 4th, 9 – 10 A.M.