LITTLE ROCK, AR – The KARK studios are in donation mode Thursday for our Food 4 the Holidays telethon.
Here are 10 reasons to give during the event that benefits the Arkansas Foodbank.
- Except for government aid, The Foodbank is the No. 1 source of hunger aid in the State of Arkansas.
- Each year, the Foodbank serves 87,500 households.
- The Foodbank has programs for families, kids and seniors.
- The Foodbank supplies 350 hunger relief agencies with high quality food like you would get from the grocery store. Agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and childhood feeding and afterschool feeding programs; a donation to the Foodbank helps the pantries in your community.
- $20 can help feed a family of four for an entire week.
- $30 feeds a child for one month.
- Every dollar in donations means 4 meals for Arkansas families.
- The Foodbank can stretch a dollar because of economies of scale and donations of food and money.
- The Foodbank is on track to distribute more than 19 million pounds of food in 2016.
- The Foodbank helps feed the hungry in 33 Arkansas counties.
Click here to make a donation online, or call (501) 340-4922.