LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The New Year is starting out great for two Arkansans who each claimed a $1 million prize from the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery (ASL) this week.
On Tuesday Robbye Smith from Berryville claimed her $1 million prize at the ASL Claim Center in Little Rock. She won the top prize from the Millionaires Club scratch-off ticket. Smith said she plans to purchase a new home with her winnings.
The winning ticket was sold at the Murphy USA, 1000 W. Trimble in Berryville. This retailer will receive $10,000 in commission for selling the winning ticket.
Denisho Howse from Sherwood claimed a $1 million Play It Again® Second-Chance drawing prize on Monday. He was randomly selected on Dec. 17. As a member of The Club, Howse won by entering his non-winning instant scratch-off tickets into The Club for Play It Again entries and player rewards.
The Mega Millions® jackpot for Friday night’s drawing has grown to $490 million. The Powerball jackpot for tonight’s drawing stands at $410 million.
This is only the third time that both games have simultaneously had jackpots larger than $400 million.
- Working 4 You: Are all state offices enforcing COVID-19 mandates?
- 40 x 80 American Flag in Hot Springs stolen overnight
- Heber Springs teen saves grandfathers life
- Alleged serial killer arrested in murders of 3 women in New York City housing complex
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated