TEXARKANA, Ark. – The Texarkana Arkansas Police has a man in custody after an armed robbery at a Speed X convenience store in the 2400 block of North Stateline Drive.
According to investigators a man wearing a black mask, black hoodie and jeans entered the store, demanded money from the register, and displayed a pistol. The clerk told police that the suspect fired one shot in his direction before fleeing from the store.
Shortly after the investigation had started, an officer in the area located someone suspicious and tried to stop the man to question him, but he would not comply. After another officer arrived on scene, they were able to speak to the suspect and discovered a loaded firearm in his possession along with a black mask.
Jonathan Carroll, 26, was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery, aggravated assault, possession of a firearm, fleeing, and refusal to submit to arrest.
- Wednesday’s Child: Caseworkers offer tips for families considering the miracle of adoption this holiday season
- Pottsville neighbors put up signs to slow down drivers
- Wednesday Evening Weather Update
- California teacher shows off impressive dance moves for students in viral video
- For the love of the game: Elauna Eaton fights through adversity after an ACL injury ended her freshman season