LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – State, county and local authorities are working together to investigate a violent weekend in Pulaski County.
According to a release from the Little Rock Police Department Sunday afternoon, as many as four shooting incidents had taken place in close proximity and officers were working to determine if the incidents were related.
A short while later, deputies with the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office announced they were working to identify the persons operating a white four door sedan with tinted windows and a sunroof.
Authorities said the car in question was seen in the area of 3M Road and Frazier Pike Road and the occupants of the vehicle are wanted for questioning in a homicide.
Shortly after 9 p.m. Sunday night, the Arkansas State Police announced that they are working with the PCSO and LRPD to investigate as many as 11 shooting incidents that have occurred over the past 26 hours.
Officials with the ASP said that the shooting incidents have accounted for at least three deaths and three wounded.
According to the release, the following shooting locations have been identified:
- 1:37 p.m. – 9000 block of Mabelvale Cutoff, no injuries reported
- 1:53 p.m. – 4000 block of Frazier Pike, one wounded
- 7:20 p.m. – 900 block of South Rodney Parham, one deceased
- 12:58 p.m. – Frazier Pike & 3M Road, one deceased
- 2:39 p.m. – I-30 EB & 65th Street, one injured
- 2:44 p.m. – I-440 NB near Springer Street, one injured
- 3:00 p.m. – I-630 WB, I-630 & Shackelford, intersection of Markham Street and Bowman, no injuries reported
- 4:00 p.m. – 13000 block of West Markham, no injuries
- 5:14 p.m. – 6500 block of Mabelvale Cutoff, one deceased and one wounded
Officials with the ASP also said that at approximately 5:45 p.m. Sunday near Roosevelt Road and State Street, two people were taken into custody after a pursuit involving troopers. Troopers said that the individuals are believed to be connected to at least one of the incidents.