(WGN – Cooking with Dean) – If you like seafood and have an air fryer, there are many dishes to try out.
WGN’s Dean Richards shares these three different recipes.
Air Fryer Shrimp with lemon and pepper
1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
(Optional, 8 ounces of pasta, cooked per directions)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the shrimp in a Ziploc bag with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Carefully combine all ingredients.
- Add parchment paper round (if using) and place the raw shrimp inside the air fryer in one layer.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. The shrimp are done when the shells turn pink and the shrimp is just slightly white, but still a little opaque.
- Remove the lemon pepper shrimp from the air fryer, serve with pasta if desired, and enjoy!
Air Fryer Crab Cakes
8 ounces lump crab meat
1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
3 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs · 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon juice (Lemon wedges for serving)
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the lump crab meat, pepper, green onions,n mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, and lemon juice and mix until just combined.
- Gently form four evenly sized crab patties. Lump crab meat has a lot of juices inside and you want to keep as much in as possible.
- Place a piece of parchment round down inside the hot air fryer then carefully place each crab cake in the air fryer.
- Cook the fresh crab cakes in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes until the crust turns golden brown. Do not flip while cooking.
- Remove the crab cakes from your air fryer and enjoy with your favorite sauce and extra lemon on top, if desired!
Air Fryer Garlic Salmon Fillets
2 (6 ounce) skin-on salmon fillets, preferably wild-caught
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Season the fresh salmon with salt and pepper then mix together the melted butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl.
- Baste the salmon fillets with the garlic butter mixture and carefully place the salmon inside the air fryer side-by-side with the skin side down.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes until salmon flakes easily with a knife or fork.
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.