Rogers Chef Prepares to Feed Hundreds Thanksgiving Day

Community Matters

BENTON COUNTY, AR (KNWA) – Preparations are well under way for Thanksgiving around Northwest Arkansas, including for those who will spend Thursday serving others. 

“Two days out I started to de-bone the turkeys because I start the stock and the stock takes a couple days to cook. So, we’re getting ready,” says John Chervenyak the Executive Chef at the Care Community Center.

The countdown is on for Chef John Chervenyak says he started his annual turkey dinner because he does not have any relatives in town. 

“My wife and I started this in 2010. We don’t have any family in the area, so we figure best way to give back is to have a big party,” he says. 

This year the event, to be held at Charity Baptist Church, is expected to have a turnout of close to 700 people. 

“We have a lot of chefs involved with Care Community Center. The prep is relatively easy we do a lot of prep that day,” adds Chervenyak. 

All that work in preparation means a free meal for those who need it. 

“The people that come stay. They’re not in and out in 5 minutes or 20 minutes. They stay for 2 to 3 hours. People come in smiling and leave smiling,” says the chef. 

The Thanksgiving dinner will be held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the church, located at 2901 West Olive St. in Rogers.

Click here for information on other free dinners around Northwest Arkansas. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Trending Stories